We’re looking to add new talent to our staff. Click on one of the positions below to learn more about the opportunities currently available at AzTec.
Established Colorado land surveying firm is seeking a candidate to join our team. Position requires 4 years or more of surveying experience and proficiency in Civil 3D & Trimble Business Center. LSIT preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under minimal supervision, compile/reduce field crew data, fix errors and convert all applicable information into electronically generated drawings and project documents with accuracy, neatness and speed. Analysis and preparation of digital terrain models (DTM) for topographic/design surveys. Ensure quality and productivity objectives for survey deliverables are achieved. Drafting of final design surveys and base files from survey crew field notes and field measurements. Candidates must also have the ability to perform a variety of complex computations. Leica Cyclone and 3D scanner experience a plus.
- Land Survey experience 4 years.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D.
- Experience with Trimble Business Center.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in technical math, including geometry and trigonometry Ability to learn basic concepts and technical calculations.
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skill, High attention to the detail.
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude.
Primary work is for land development related projects and will focus on topographic and design survey base mapping. This is an excellent opportunity for a mentorship working under the tutelage of our 17 plus licensed Colorado land surveyors. Excellent working environment, Benefits and advancement opportunities.
The Utility Locator will report to Utility Locate Manager.
AzTec Consultants is looking for a Utility Locator to join our team. In this position, the locator will be responsible for locating and marking underground utility lines accurately for engineering and survey purposes. Also, locators are responsible for drawing a detailed sketch of the outlined area with the located utilities represented. This position requires a self-starter who will thoroughly search for all underground utilities and takes pride in completing a job well done.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Mark each utility line properly with spray paint, flags, and whiskers.
- Locate all underground utilities accurately in each area specified by the supervisor.
- Travel to job sites.
- Create a detailed drawing of the located area.
- Interact with customers and colleagues with integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- Keep accurate timesheets.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least (2) years underground utility locating experience.
- Read and interpret construction plans and G.I.S (Geographic Information Systems) maps.
- Strong communication skills.
- Mark and locate underground utilities accurately.
- Ability to accurately sketch locate areas and the location of the utilities.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Heavy physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds, with or without assistance.
- Considerable walking and standing, frequent pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- Colorado Driver’s License with good driving history.
- Work is primarily outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work is done on and around all road types and construction sites.
Established Colorado land surveying firm is seeking a Party Chief to join our team. Position requires 5 years of surveying experience and proficiency in construction staking, topographic survey including line coding, boundary surveys and proficient with Trimble GPS equipment, Trimble robotic total stations, & has prior crew management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily communication with client representative, contractor and survey manager
- Read and interpret construction plans and perform a variety of complex computations
- Proficient in construction procedures
- Maintain timely staking schedule for all trades
- Maintenance and operation of survey equipment and vehicle
- Maintain a safe work environment
- 5+ years field surveying experience
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Knowledge of survey ethics and technical standards
- Experience with Trimble GPS, robotic total stations and TSC3 data collectors
- Strong communication skills (listening, writing and verbal)
- Proven work history and team-player attitude
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing
- Workload management skills needed
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Primary work is for land development related projects with a focus on construction staking. This is an excellent opportunity to join a local full service land surveying firm. With over 130 employees including 25 field crew and 17 Professional land surveyors, AzTec focuses on local projects. Excellent working environment, Benefits and advancement opportunities.
Professional Land Surveyor – Project Manager
Positions available for Colorado Licensed Professional Land Surveyors looking for a progressive firm where customer service and professional growth are the priority. Top pay, Paid Time Off and an excellent benefit package combined with a family atmosphere make AzTec the perfect company to call home. Come join us!
- Colorado Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in good standing.
- 10 plus years of progressive land surveying experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office products. Trimble Business Center a plus but not necessary.
- Clear understanding of survey standards and methodologies.
- Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Build positive relationships and communicate effectively with clients and co-workers. Provide outstanding customer service. Must be able to direct field crews and AutoCAD technicians in an efficient and effective manner. Must be able to manage land surveying projects with minimal supervision and oversight. Various land surveying projects may include ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Land Survey Plats, Subdivision Plats, Land Descriptions, Cadastral Surveys, Transportation Design Projects, Topographic/Design surveys, Control Surveys, High Definition Scanning and Aerial Mapping Projects. (No construction surveying or project management). Proposal preparation and budget tracking. Maintain good technical knowledge of industry standards and land surveying rules and regulations.
AzTec realizes its greatest asset is its people. We maintain a culture of respect, team work, professional growth and customer service. Come join one of Colorado’s largest and most progressive full-service land surveying firms and experience it for yourself!
Paid Time Off
Health Insurance: United Health Care
Dental: United Health Care
- *Dental is included for employees who enroll in a UHC plan at no additional cost.
- *Dental coverage is available for employees not enrolled in a UHC health plan.
Vision: Vision Service Provider (Optional)
401k (American Funds)-Company match
Disability Insurance (Unum)
- Short & Long term Disability
- Life insurance
Section 125 Account (Health Savings Account)